Mask Making Patterns
Optimization of this support project will be achieved by standardizing the following aspects when it comes to Mask Making:
Making DIY Masks with Household Materials
- Proper fit - using a standardized pattern with nose wire and adjustable ties for reduced leakage around the face.
Standard Making patterns - there are a vast number of patterns available online and via channels such as you tube, we believe those with the ability to add filters via an insert and contain a nose wire increase the probability of slowing the spread of the virus particles. You can use any pattern you wish.
- How to make a mask with filter pocket and adjustable wire
- Olsen mask from UnityPoint Health
- Surgical style mask from Daconess Health
- Added Extras - please ensure your masks are sewn well, with no frayed edges or missed seams. Always ensure you have pre-washed your fabric before you make your mask to eliminate any shrinkage when completed.
- Information to the Community - for the community receiver please ensure that if you are using any fabrics with a polymix then please let them know as those masks will need hot washed and not be cleaned by the four hour/overnight routine.